It is extremely important for the success of medical treatment that patients adhere exactly to the medication prescribed to them. Numerous studies prove that adherence to therapy pays off. But studies also show that many patients ignore their treatment plans – out of stubbornness, carelessness or excessive demands. This so-called non-adherence not only jeopardizes the success of treatment, but also causes immense costs for the health care systems. However, if the patient receives immediate feedback on the correct use of his or her medicine, this can demonstrably significantly increase treatment adherence.
This is where Connect-e-Cap comes in, the intelligent packaging solution by Röchling Medical.
A pill container that pays attention
1. RECORDS-fill level, opening time etc. and communicates via smartphone, tablet, app.
2. REMINDS-patients of the next required dose via optic and acoustic signals.
3.RECOGNIZES- “its“ container via pairing function (tamper evidence and anti-counterfeiting).
4. READS OUT- information regarding dosage, correct storage etc. (via voice output or smartphone).
5. REDEFINES- communication between doctors and patients and maximizes positive therapy outcome.
The innovation against non-adherence
- Facilitates self-management for patients
- Interventions possible immediately, supported by reliable data
- Effective increase in adherence and thus therapy success.
More precise information
- Not only tracks the opening of the container, but also the actual removal of a pill
- Even complex behavior patterns can be identified in patients
- Range of functions can be precisely tailored to the intended use
- From a chip to acoustic or optical signal transmitters, to complete electronic systems, as well as speech output and speech recognition
Can also be produced quickly and inexpensively in large quantities
- Standard CRC 38 closure
- Compatible with standard primary packaging (e.g. Röchling P41 container series)
- The cap and container recognize each other again
- Enables tamper and counterfeit protection as well as track & trace solutions
- Rechargeable battery via USB interface
- Electronics can be easily dismantled and disposed of separately at the end of their life