Skipping rocks lab has developed edible packaging for water, Ooho. It was created through seaweeds used as its membrane. The edible bottle’s membrane was composed through spherification which includes sodium alginate from seaweed and calcium chloride. Each ball was then mentioned to only take 2 cents in order to produce it thus saving money as well.
- It is 100% made of Plants & Seaweed.
- It is biodegradable in 4-6 weeks, just like a piece of fruit.
- It is edible, and can be flavoured and coloured.
- It generates 5x less CO₂, 9x less Energy as compared to PET.
- It is cheaper than plastic