Setting a world record in reduced bottle weight
The StarLite UltraLight CSD base design significantly decreases the amount of raw material needed to produce PET bottles, resulting in 25% lighter bottle weight compared to traditional CSD bottles:
- Reduced weight of 10.5g for a 0.5L CSD bottle
- Reduced weight of 24g for a 1.5L CSD bottle
Sidel’s StarLite UltraLight solution also comes with an innovative CSD 26/22 bottle neck design. It features a weight of as little as 2.3g, a thread diameter of 26mm, an inner diameter of 21.7mm, and a height of 13mm. Benefits of this bottle neck include:
- Great tightness to preserve beverage quality
- Easy and safe application, opening, and reclosing
By optimising the amount of PET required to manufacture the bottle, the Sidel StarLite UltraLight CSD base offers a substantial reduction in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO):
- For a 0.5L bottle, yearly production PET savings for the base combined with the neck would be at 1,125,000 Euros.
- For the 1.5L bottle, yearly production PET savings for the base and the neck could reach 1,530,000 Euros.
Combining performance with ultralight weight
The bottle featuring the StarLite UltraLight CSD base comes with a patented and smart design, which combines an innovative base with an optimal body shape. It offers functional benefits without compromising on attractiveness and brand differentiation potential:
- Improved consumer experience
- No splashing due to the rigid waist embedded in the structured bottle design
- No risk of bottle base distortions and perfect bottle stability due to the good base seating surface
- Production speed up to an output rate of 2,500 bottles per hour per mould (bphm)
The StarLite UltraLight CSD provides manufacturers with massive savings on TCO, while hard discount chains can enjoy:
- the opportunity to release more affordable carbonated beverages in PET bottles.
- enhanced competitiveness and productivity without hampering the product quality.