Dura-Pack, the industry-leading manufacturer of cannabis packaging machines and cannabis pouches, has partnered with VMek to offer a sorting and counting solution for THC and CDB infused gummies.
The VMek Abacus+ Count Batching + Inspection system is a robust gummie sorting and counting system specifically designed to integrate with Horizontal Form Fill and Seal (HFFS) / Vertical Form Fill and Seal (VFFS) systems, pre-made pouch bagging machines, and rigid container handling systems for the cannabis industry. The Abacus+ counts and validates each gummie for size and color and generates reports for each package.
- Each part is validated prior to counting
- 360° inspection is performed on all parts
- All parts are validated by size and color
- Parts are divided by programmed target
- Batch counts are divided by programmed target
- High speed ejectors and diverts are used to group the parts for proper packaging
- All counts are verified for accurate packing
- Final inspection is performed to verify proper diverting
- Verification guaranties target count is reached
- A quality score is created for each batch
- The data is displayed for on screen monitoring for efficient system operation
- The data can also be streamed to the customer's control system
“Partnering with VMek allows us to complement our cannabis packaging equipment line by offering a dedicated cannabis infused gummie counting and sorting solution”, said Phillip Harrison, Cannabis Packaging and Automation Engineer at Dura-Pack. “Gummie packaging can be difficult and problematic to automate and the Abacus+ system does an amazing job of handling, counting, and sorting each individual gummie and seamlessly integrates with our M7 pre-made pouch bagger to deliver a fully automated gummie packaging solution”.