Smurfit Kappa has developed an innovative and sustainable water-resistant paper. AquaStop™ is part of Smurfit Kappa’s new TechniPaper® portfolio, which consists of an array of high-performance papers designed to handle even the most complex supply chains.
The AquaStop™ paper is water-resistant thanks to a special coating which is added to it during the manufacturing process. Unlike many other coatings, this does not compromise the recyclability of the product and can be recycled in the same way as standard paper-based packaging.
AquaStop™ is the latest innovation in Smurfit Kappa’s Better Planet Packaging portfolio of products, which offer sustainable alternatives to single-use plastics. As it is designed to withstand exposure to water without being damaged, it is suitable for eCommerce packaging and packaging for products such as flowers, detergent and fruit and vegetables where temporary protection against water is needed.
It is also particularly suitable for use in humid conditions as the box remains intact while protecting the contents, making it an excellent solution for the transport and storage of refrigerated products where there is exposure to condensation.
TechniPaper® is Smurfit Kappa's registered trademark for our portfolio of technical papers which, thanks to it’s technical – mechanical properties, solves problems caused during the transport and handling of certain goods.
TechniPaper® brings a new era of sustainable packaging. Grease-proof, slip-resistant, moisture-resistant, flame-retardant, anti-static and heat-sealable papers, all completely sustainable.
The diversity of our TechniPaper® portfolio allows us to offer each customer a packaging solution with physical-mechanical characteristics tailored to their needs while helping them to improve their sustainability credentials.
AquaStop™ is a highly water-resistant paper designed with sustainability and circularity in focus.
- A highly water-resistant containerboard paper used in the manufacture of corrugated packaging
- Protects and preserves the quality of the products
- Improves grease resistance and contributes to reduced transmittance of water vapour
- The corrugated box will still be fully recyclable in standard pulping equipment
- Suitable for packaging, where temporary protection against water is needed, like flower boxes, detergents, eCommerce, fresh produce, etc.
Technipaper Anti-Slip, Anti-Slip Paper
TECHNIPAPER® ANTI SLIP
TechniPaper ® Anti Slip minimises product slippage
- Available on rolls or as sheets for interleaving for 800 x 1200 and 1000 x 1200 pallets (other sizes available on request)
- It is used between the different layers on a pallet to stabilise the load and prevent slipping and potential accidents due to shifting of the palletised goods
- Supports angles up to 35° (Conforms to the NF Q 03 083 standard)
- Reduces the use of stretch film and other plastics by up to 30%
- Can be customised with the company logo
Technipaper Thermo Sealant
TECHNIPAPER® THERMO SEALANT
TechniPaper® Thermo Sealant allows sealing paper to paper and paper to plastic
- Provides paper with heat sealing properties
- Delivery on reels tailored to the packaging machines already in use
- Ideal for multi-pack solutions, flow-pack, or any other secondary packaging that does not require an OTR or MVTR barrier
- Can be used for paper-paper or paper-plastic sealing
- Paper production possible from 40 gsm
- Customisation and printing to include any information of interest to the end user
Technipaper MR, Moisture Resistant Paper
TECHNIPAPER® MOISTURE RESISTANCE
TechniPaper® Moisture Resistance provides excellent performance in conditions where moisture is present
- Helps maintain the properties of boxes in wet conditions
- Protects and preserves the quality of the products
- Insulates goods from variations in the surrounding environment
- Suitable for food packaging, including refrigerated food packaging (fish, seafood, meat, ... )
- Suitable for any packaging at risk from atmospheric agents, wet conditions or temperature changes with a risk of condensation
Technipaper No Fat, Fat Resistant Paper
TECHNIPAPER® ANTI GREASE
TechniPaper ® Anti Grease improves resistance to oils and greases, helps maintain packaging integrity and protects against unwanted stains.
- Resists penetration by oils and fats
- Improves anti-moisture performance
- Prevents unwanted stains that taint brand image
- Good performance in the presence of various greasy products: animal fat, vegetable fat, lubricated pieces, etc.
- Maintains packaging integrity, preventing its deterioration due to fat penetrating into the paper
- Suitable for use in food packaging (requires end-use certification)
Technipaper FR, Flame Resistant Paper
TECHNIPAPER® FLAME RETARDANT
TechniPaper® Flame Retardant acts as a multi-functional, water-based flame retardant that can be used for protection in the event of flame spread
- Formation of a protective barrier against flame and fire damage
- Slows the development of flame and smoke, slowing the spread of flames and self-extinguishing the fire if the flame source is removed
- Suitable for packaging in environments with a risk of sparks (welding), such as industrial or consumer electronics markets
- Also suitable for document archives
- As well as warehouses with flammable or chemical waste products
Technipaper ESD, Anti-Static Paper
TECHNIPAPER® ANTI ELECTROSTATIC
TechniPaper® Anti Electrostatic prevents accumulation of static charges (ESD) that can occur during the various package handling processes, and the threat these charges can pose both to charge-sensitive items and to the operators who handle the packaging.
- Protects products from possible electrostatic charges
- Protects operators from harm due to static build-up in packaging
- Prevents damage to items sensitive to electrostatic discharges (ESDs)
- Generates an insulating effect during package handling which can generate static charges
- Serves as an alternative to other less environmentally sustainable solutions
1 / 1 Technipaper Anti-Abrasive
TECHNIPAPER® ANTI ABRASIVE
TechniPaper® Anti Abrasive protects items with delicate, sensitive surfaces from damage from rubbing against their packaging.
- Reduces abrasion damage to delicate products such as furniture, glass, sheet metal, etc
- An alternative to non-recyclable products that reduce packaging sustainability
- Can be used in auxiliary packaging elements such as edge protection in both corrugated paper and honeycomb
- Cost savings due to eliminating the need to use additional materials to prevent abrasion
- Possibility of using cardboard layer pads or loose sheets for interleaving